The North West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership offers postgraduate studentships, supervision, training and skills development across the full range of the AHRC’s disciplines. We are one of eleven Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs) and seven Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs) brought about for this purpose.
Our areas of focus are to:
- Promote the disciplinary capability and international research excellence necessary to underwrite the regional delivery of world-class PhD supervision and training in the arts and humanities
- Equip postgraduates in the arts and humanities with subject-specific, interdisciplinary and transferable knowledge and skills of immediate relevance to their academic studies and future employability. Exploiting the innovative opportunities enabled by its cross-institutional arrangements, the NWCDTP will provide internationally excellent training in both HE and non-HE contexts at home and abroad.
- Enhance existing Knowledge Exchange (KE) relationships by expanding its use of regional, national and international cross-sector partnerships. To this end, the NWCDTP will optimise the mutually beneficial exchanges with non-HEI partners to enhance the academic experience of its students and contribute to the socio-economic activity of private, public and third-sector organisations.
Our primary strategic objectives are to:
- Sustain and build upon the existing capacity in world-class research and training in the arts and humanities, and support postgraduate researchers (PGRs) to make optimal use of available provision
- Further develop the collaborative provision of internationally excellent supervision in subject-specific, generic and interdisciplinary knowledge and skills in the arts and humanities.
- Enhance KE, public engagement and impact through interaction with private enterprises and public infrastructure.
- Achieve the above through creative, flexible and stable collaborative structures and mechanisms sustainably and cost-effectively.
The NWCDTP committees are as follows:
- Strategy Board (Director of the NWCDTP and seven pro-vice Chancellors) – Meeting twice a year
- Academic Management Committee (Director of the NWCDTP, seven associate Deans, and Student Reps) – Meeting three times a year
- Training, Employment and Knowledge Exchange (TEKE)- (Researcher Development teams, non-HEI Partners reps, student reps and Pathway reps) – Meeting 4 times a year
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion group – meets three times a year
- Partnership Advisory Board (Chair of the Strategy Board, Members of AMC, SB and Reps from all non-HEI partners) – Meeting once a year
- Studentship Allocation Committee – Meeting once a year