The NWCDTP is committed to doing all it can to support its students during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Extension Request Rounds to Date
There have been the following opportunities to request extensions due to the impact of COVID-19:
- Phase 1 (May 2020): An UKRI initiative, run by individual universities, for DTP students with an end date 1st March 2020 – 31st March 2021.
- Phase 1.5 (Dec 2020): A NWCDTP initiative, for DTP students with an end date after 30th September 2021, who will struggle to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on their projects and who may find it difficult to access extensions through Phase 2, below.
- Phase 2 (Jan–May 2021): A UKRI initiative, run by individual universities, for any DTP students – but prioritising those with an end date 1st April – 30th September 2021 and/or who will struggle to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on their projects (particularly those with caring responsibilities, long term health concerns and disabilities).
Phase 3 Extension Requests
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has confirmed further action to support doctoral students affected by the COVID-19 pandemic: https://www.ukri.org/news/rules-for-phd-funding-relaxed-for-those-affected-by-the-pandemic/
This phase will start after Phase 2 has been completed at each institution, and will be the long-term process for students who wish to apply for funding extensions related to the impacts of COVID-19.
Please see below the Guidance and Application Form for applying for such extensions:
- NWCDTP COVID-19 Phase 3 Extension Request Guidance
- NWCDTP COVID-19 Phase 3 Extension Request Application Form
Please note that requests should only be submitted in the final six months of your studentship AND can be made four times a year: 1st August, 1st November, 1st February, 1st May. The scheme will be in place for the foreseeable future.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Thank you all for your patience over the past few months. If you have any questions with regards to the above please do not hesitate to contact us email@example.com.
(Updated 16th July 2021)