Calling all Early Career & PhD Humanities/Social Science researchers interested in collaborating with external partners & applying their research expertise for real-world impact.
The Collaboration Labs programme offers paid opportunities to work part-time as Associate Research Consultant on 1) a partner-led Business Challenge as part of an interdisciplinary team or 2) on a Researcher-Led project, designed by researchers and a business partner of their choice.
See business challenges here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sz6-YB1NIIjBzrW0fpMRctbqQKFP5lo3/view
To support researchers in their project work, the programme offers:
- High-quality professional training in Knowledge Exchange and consultancy skills (28 January-8 March 2021)
- 70 hours/10 days of paid consultancy work from March to June 2021, to deliver the project part time as part of an interdisciplinary team (£1226 per researcher, UoM rates grade 5.6, £31,865 pro rata)
- Comprehensive coaching support from project development to delivery
- Expert engagement support to disseminate project results during and after delivery
- Final Project Excellence Award competition (£1000 additional prize and special publicity feature).
Open to: Humanities/Social Sciences PhD and Early Career researchers from the Universities of Manchester, MMU, Salford, RNCM, Lancaster, Liverpool, Keele.
Further details on applications & eligibility here: https://www.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/researcher-development/knowledge-exchange/collaboration-labs/
Deadline 19 January 2021 (extended).